|Category:||Agriculture||Entry Experience:||6 years|
|Job Type:||Full time||Positions:||1|
|Entry Level:||Management Level||Date Posted:||Apr 24, 2023|
|Location:||NAIROBI||Apply Before:||Jun 21, 2023|
|Views:||Days Remaining:||18 days remaining|
Brief About Employer
One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund
About the Role
The Finance Transformation and Strategy Senior Associate will work directly with the Head of Financial Advisory Services (FAS) to lead different strategic projects and process improvement initiatives that are critical for the Finance division. You will identify and advance opportunities to optimize processes and system automation initiatives. You will gain insight into the broader finance departments and major organization-wide change projects.
Project Management and Process Improvement - you will
- Lead high-priority projects: directly implement and lead key projects aimed at setting up a scalable and efficient team. You will be working with staff across the Finance Team as you take the lead on such projects, reporting progress back to the Head of FAS and engaging him when necessary. Sample projects include:
- Create financial models for new business opportunities that emphasize paths toward profitability, process effectiveness, and balance sheet health
- Prepare robust scenario plans that inform short-to medium-term decisions that align with the organization’s objectives, and finance strategy.
- Lead process improvement initiatives: assess existing process flows and initiatives to improve team throughput, define the target state, prepare an implementation roadmap and drive team work prioritization. Sample projects include:
- Identifying integration opportunities for relevant data, mainly getting us to a roadmap to move to an extended planning and analysis (xP&A) to improve speed of decision making and reduce overall time spent by the team in collating, reconciling and transforming data.
- On an ongoing basis, identify areas of improvement; research best practices and offer guidance and recommendations for changes and potential solutions.
- Perform preliminary financial reviews for multiple deliverables such as models from program teams, budget roll ups, board packs, etc.
- Represent Finance to program teams and drive a variety of finance-related projects by working to connect FP&A, Accounting, and Treasury teams with program teams.
Staff Management: you will oversee the professional development and high-quality project work of one Analyst.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 6+ years of experience in consulting, finance, or financial analysis.
- Solid understanding of using advanced formulas in Excel
- Logical thinker & comfort with analysis. We are looking for someone who is a structured thinker and can use quantitative analysis to create insights and inform recommendations.
- Strong executive-level communication skills -- the ability to quickly identify what matters and communicate that clearly and concisely to senior stakeholders.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Language: English
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Kenya or Rwanda
How to Apply
21 June 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
You need to login to apply for this job. If you already have an account with us, please proceed to login below.
Do not have an account? Proceed to click on 'New User? Register Now' link below.